The use of technology is vital to our daily communication, whether we communicate through emails or hold conversations on the phone, etiquette is important. Cultural factors can also create diverse communication challenges and situations. When you develop an understanding of differences and experiences, it helps to promote acceptance and respect for other ideas and viewpoints. Topics include:
- Email and Phone Communication
- Inter- and Cross-cultural Communication
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Use appropriate etiquette when communicating in emails.
- Use appropriate etiquette when communicating on the phone.
- Pratice skillsto improve intercultural and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Identify generational and regional differences and adapt communication styles to respective individuals.
- Use verbal and nonverbal skills that are appropriate for culturally diverse groups.
To register for the entire series, look for BUS3078 - Communication Skills for Success
If you are a student with a documented disability and have not voluntarily disclosed the nature of your disability so that we may coordinate the accommodations you need, you are invited to contact the Disability Support Services Office (DSSO) in ‘Ilima 107, ph.734-9552, or email email@example.com for assistance. For students whose primary disability is Deaf or hard of hearing, contact the KCC Deaf Center at ph. 734-9210 (V), 447-1379 (videophone), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: you will need to contact Kapi’olani CC’s DSSO or Deaf Center to request accommodations in a Kapi’olani CC course even if you’ve already registered or are receiving services at another UH campus’s disability support program.
Kapi‘olani Community College Refund/Drop Policy:
100% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made 10 business days or more prior to start date of course.
50% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made 5-9 business days prior to start date of course.
0% refund: Notification to Non-Credit Registration made less than 5 business days prior to start date of course.