Effective with the June 30, 2009 renewal, all licensed plumbers need to complete a continued competency requirement by verifying proof of attendance at an educational course on the current updates to the (2015 Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC) from Maui College, Hawai`i, Honolulu or Kaua`i Community Colleges and pay the applicable fees for license renewal.
For information on the renewal process, call the Licensing Branch of the Department of Commerce & Consumer Affairs at 586-3000 or visit www.hawaii.gov/dcca/area/pvl select “Electricians and Plumbers FAQs” for information on meeting continued competency requirements.
This course covers changes in the 2015 Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC).
At the end of this course the student will be able to:
• Locate relevant sections in the UPC
• Discuss the major concepts and provisions in each chapter or the UPC
• Describe how the UPC is organized
• Determine if systems and components are installed according to the UPC
• Apply the provisions of the UPC in the execution of their jobs.