Why learn jQuery Mobile? Because you can forget about learning all the programming languages that help you build mobile apps for a specific mobile platform. And that's just for starters. In this course, you will learn to create a rich mobile Web experience with apps that are optimized to run on nearly every phone, tablet, desktop, and e-reader device available today. Responsive design is a hot topic where you will learn to adapt the layout for optimal viewing with fluid grids and flexible images.
This course is appropriate for Web designers and developers who want to get into the mobile market and upgrade and retool their mobile app development skills.
Learner OutcomesUpon completion of this hands-on course, you will know:
- The unique features of jQuery Mobile
- Core features of jQuery Mobile including page structure, navigation, form elements, lists, and grids
- Themeable designs
- jQuery Mobile API including data attributes, methods, and events
- Integration of Web services such as Google Maps and geo-location into your jQuery Mobile apps
- Extending jQuery Mobile with PhoneGap for distribution to an app store or to access device functionality
- Applying jQuery Mobile to specific cases including iOS and Android apps